How Can You Use Blog.Bible to Engage Your People in God’s Word?
What is Blog.Bible and why does it matter?
It’s probably no surprise to you that internet engagement in America is booming. 84% of Americans use the internet. And that percentage continues to grow.
While internet usage rises, trends in Bible engagement do not see the same kind of growth. According to Barna's The Bible in America study, only 1/3 of American adults report reading the Bible once a week or more.
We at American Bible Society want to help see more people engaged with the Bible. How will we help? In part, by leveraging ever-growing technology to engage more people with God’s Word. Why will we help? Because we believe that the Bible transforms lives.
We created Blog.Bible with this vision in mind. The result was a blog dedicated to engaging people with God’s truth through relevant reflections and journeys in his Word. To distinguish the blog as a relevant and trusted source for Bible-related content, we placed Blog.Bible on the .BIBLE domain.
From Bible scholars to new believers, anyone seeking to get more out of the Bible can do just that on Blog.Bible.
How can you encourage your people to use Blog.Bible?
You might be thinking, Okay, this Blog.Bible thing looks great, but how do I get my people to dig in?
Here are 5 ideas to get you started:
- Follow up on a sermon, Bible study or discussion group by linking to or printing out a Blog.Bible post that’s relevant to your topic. Searching for topics is a breeze with the handy built-in search function.
- Prepare for a discussion group by asking each participant to read one Blog.Bible blog post and share a two-sentence summary with the group. Then ask your group to vote on which post is most intriguing to them. This can help guide your future discussion topics and give insights about what matters to your people.
- Pick a post that you think will resonate with your audience. Share it on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms directly from the Blog.Bible page and encourage readers to respond with their thoughts and opinions.
- Have Spanish-speaking members in your audience? Introduce them to the Spanish section of Blog.Bible, Blog de la Biblia.
- Encourage your people to subscribe to Blog.Bible to receive Bible-reading tips, tools and resources. To subscribe, complete the form below.