Add the Bible to Your Website for Free - over 500 Versions and 400 Languages
One of the easiest and fastest ways to add the Bible is the free Bible widget provided by American Bible Society (registry operator of the .bible top-level domain). The Bible widget quickly embedded into your site enables your website visitors to search the entire Bible. The Bible widget can search for a Bible passage or keyword—and your users will never leave the comfort of your site. Try it out right now at webtools.bible/widget.html.
Include multiple versions and languages.
The Bible widget is available in over 500 versions and 400 languages—this is one of the largest digital libraries of Bible versions and languages and they are all at your fingertips. You can choose which of these languages and versions to include and even set a preferred default for your users. What is probably most important to you is not how many versions and languages this widget offers. You’d want to know if the Bible version you love to read and study is available. Here’s the list of Bible versions in English (US):
- Amplified Bible
- American Standard Version
- Contemporary English Version
- English Standard Version
- Good News Translation
- King James Version
- The Message
- New American Bible Revised Edition
- New American Standard Bible
- New International Version
- New Living Translation
- New Revised Standard Version
- Revised Standard Version
- Revised Version 1885
- World English Bible
- World Messianic Bible
Of the many many languages available in the Bible widget, here are some of the most popular languages:
- Español (Spanish)
- Français (French)
- Ελληνικά (Greek: Modern)
- Kernewek (Cornish)
- Cymraeg (Welsh)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Slovenčina (Slovak)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Shqip (Albanian)
- português brasileiro (Brazilian Portuguese)
- Монгол (Mongolian)
- Slovenščina (Slovenian)
And also refer to this big list of languages for which the Bible widget has available (note: this languages list is for the Bible Search API, which uses the same underlying engine that powers the Bible widget).
Style the widget to fit your website.
Pick the size and color of the widget so that it matches your brand. Multiple color options and pre-defined sizes make it easy to find an option that fits your site.
Add some simple HTML to your site and you’re done.
It’s as easy as copy and pasting! We provide you with the HTML that you need to place on your website in the location you would like the widget to appear.
Here’s a quick overview of the 3 easy steps for how you can customize the Bible widget:
1. Pick your versions. You can select multiple versions and multiple languages for your free Bible widget. Be sure to scroll through the huge list of languages and versions!
2. Widget appearance. You can customize the widget for the default Bible version and set the colors to match your website’s.
3. Display results. You have the option of display the Bible widget’s search results as a “pop-in” window at your own website or in a separate new window.
This article is part of the blog series, 66 Ideas for .BIBLE Domain Names, with practical ideas for using .BIBLE domain names. Individuals and organizations can now register .BIBLE domain names that are more shareable, memorable, and meaningful at any accredited registrar.